Last week went pretty good. I am getting back into the swing of things, and it feels good too!!!
So, this week is our week of experiments! I am making a few dishes I have never made before, so we shall see how it goes.
I like to start my menus on Sunday, it's easier for me to do my planning that way. Sometimes I will even start on Saturdays, just because of the shopping planning. Anyway, on to our menu for this week!
Sunday - Chicken and Veggie Pot Pie (this is always a big hit!)
Monday - Buffalo Chicken Chili - Slow cooker, tossed salad
Tuesday - Tacos
Wednesday - Cheeseburger Macaroni
Thursday - Pork Chops with Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Friday - Southwest Cheese Soup, Tossed Salad, Turkey Sandwiches
Saturday - Buffalo Chicken & Potato Casserole
A little about our choices this week (DH and I always plan the meals together). We love Buffalo chicken wings, if you haven't guessed by now! So, anything to do with Buffalo chicken, we are willing to give it a try. We even had Buffalo chicken dip this past weekend for snack! The chili is going to be different for me to make. I have never strayed from my traditional chili before, I am even thinking of calling it something other than chili just so it doesn't affect my thoughts on chili, lol.
I have seen the Cheeseburger Macaroni recipe on a few Gluten Free blogs over the last few months, so thought I would give it a try. I love one dish dinners, they are so easy! The family love them too.
The Southwest Cheese Soup appealed to DH because it uses Velveeta cheese, lol. He loves his Velveeta!!
And of course, another Buffalo chicken recipe. This one calls for a can of cream of celery soup, which you know if you are gluten free, you can can't have it. I actually did buy a can, and was going to just risk the side effects, but then found a great recipe for making your own!!!! Check it out, I really hope it helps. :) So, instead of using that can of soup I bought, I am going to try to make my own cream of celery soup. That recipe is equivalent to one can of condensed soup. I am pretty excited to try to make my own Cream of Something soups!!
I have to go back to the store sometime this week though. I forgot the buy the chicken breast for the casserole (totally did not put it on my list!) and I got the wrong kind of potatoes. I got shredded hashbrowns instead of the cubed hashbrowns. I may just use the shredded though. But, I have to go get chicken anyway, so...we will see.
No comments:
Post a Comment