Monday, July 23, 2012

Quick & Easy Cream of Tomato Soup

One of my family's favorite soups is Tomato Soup.  Finding a gluten free condensed or canned soup has been next to impossible.  So, I decided to make my own.  I searched around the internet and found a few recipes that were ok, some that were not so good.  I wanted to make this an easy soup, just like if it were Campbell's Tomato Soup.  I think after a lot of failed experiments, I finally have one that works perfectly.  And what's even better, dipping in our favorite grilled cheese sandwiches.


Quick & Easy Cream of Tomato Soup

Ingredients:

1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 3/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp garlic salt

Directions:

In a large saucepot, combine the tomato paste and tomato sauce.

In a large measuring cup (I use a 4 cup measuring cup) combine the water, heavy cream, milk and sugar.  Stir until sugar is dissolved.

Add garlic salt to tomato mixture.  Slowly stir in milk mixture until well combined.  Heat over low heat until heated through.  Do not over cook.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...