The original recipe for this came out of one of the small Taste of Home recipe books (Original title was Lasagna in a Bun). I changed a couple of things, and next time I make them, I will change it up some more. Here is the recipe with the changes I have made to make the hoagies.
Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
1 can (14 ½ oz) diced tomatoes, blended in food processor
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce, no salt added
1 envelope onion soup mix
¼ tsp dried basil
¼ tsp dried oregano
6 Hoagie buns
¾ cup 4% cottage cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 cup (4 oz) part skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef until no longer pink. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, soup mix, basil and oregano. Cook 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cut hoagie rolls in half, making the bottom half thicker than the top. Scoop out the bread from both halves of the roll making wells on each half.
- In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, egg and ¼ cup mozzarella cheese. Spoon into bottom halves of rolls. Top with the meat mixture and sprinkle each with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Wrap each hoagie with aluminum foil, place on sheet pan, and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment