Sunday, April 15, 2012

Menu Plan 4/16/12



I am very much the bad blogger lately.  Have you ever had the feeling that you just don't want to do something?  Yeah, me too, hence the no blogging the last couple of weeks.  It's been crazy busy around here lately.  My 7 year old son has epilepsy (and ADHD), and his neurologist is out of Burlington, VT, which is a 4 hour drive.  He had an appointment this past week, so we made a trip of it.  We stayed two nights, and even went to the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory and went on a tour.  The kids loved it. :)

So, needless to say, there was no menu plan this past week.  What I had wrote down totally went out the window.  Then I decided I didn't care for what I had planned out for the rest of the month, so I completely redid the rest of my April menu!

I am going to try to start including breakfast and lunch in my menu plans.  I have a big food problem (major food addict and compulsive over-eater), and thought that if I planned all my meals, there would be less roaming the kitchen and eating whatever I see.  So, I am really hoping this works, as nothing else seems to work.  I will be meeting with a dietician soon, and I hope to learn a lot from that as well.   I am home alone for breakfast and lunch on Monday-Friday.  Weekends we all get to eat together.

Friday, my 12 year old daughter meets with an orthodontist for the first time, so we will be gone all day.  Due to insurance issues, the nearest orthodontist is 4 hours away, so we will be eating on the road that day.  That's what we get for living in the middle of nowhere!!

So, onto the Menu Plan for this week!

Monday -
  • Breakfast- Flax & Cranberry Oatmeal, Peach Yogurt, Grape Juice
  • Lunch- Roast Beef Sandwich, Progresso Garden Vegetable Soup
  • Dinner-Cheese Chicken & Rice Casserole, Broccoli, Bread & Butter
Tuesday
Wednesday -
  • Breakfast- 1 Egg, over-easy, 1 slice of toast, 1 Banana, Grape Juice
  • Lunch- Butter Stuffed Shrimp, Rice, Tossed Salad
  • Dinner- Garlic Tomato Soup, Grilled Cheese sandwiches, Tossed Salad
Thursday -
  • Breakfast- Raisin Spice Oatmeal, Yogurt, Grape Juice
  • Lunch- Roast Beef Sandwich, Tossed Salad
  • Dinner- Oven Baked Chicken, Mushroom Rice, Vegetables
Friday
  • Breakfast- 1 Slice of toast with PB & J, Yogurt, Grape Juice
  • Lunch- OUT (most likely packing sandwiches and fruit)
  • Dinner- OUT (the kids are looking forward to the Golden Corral, but I have a hard time finding things I can eat that don't have gluten in them!)
Saturday -
Sunday -



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...