Monday, September 26, 2011

Cheesy Penne & Ham

Cheesy Penne & Ham

8 oz dried GF Penne (or any pasta, I used GF elbows for the one in the picture)
8 oz package of cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup Chopped Ham (I just chopped up some breakfast ham steaks)
1 - 10 oz can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
1/2 cup frozen baby sweet peas (I used regular frozen peas, because that is what I had!)

Cook the pasta as directed, adding the peas in with the pasta during the last few minutes.  Drain and set aside.  Combine all remaining ingredients in the same pot you cooked the pasta in.  Cook until the cheese melts and gets all creamy and gooey, and maybe a little bubbly.  Stir in the penne and peas.  Make sure it's heated through, and serve!

*Note - My family doesn't care for huge chunks of tomatoes in their food.  Crushed tomatoes are preferred here.  So, I just dump the can of diced tomatoes with chilies in my mini food processor and blend it all up.  That is most likely why my dish looks pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...