Sunday, September 25, 2011
Menu Plan Monday - 9/26/11
I am trying really hard to get back on track planning our meals. I have discovered I spend countless hours a day trying to decide what to make for dinner. Even with cupboards full, I can never find something to make. Not anymore! I actually sat down last week and made a menu plan for the whole month, including recipes.
Since this is my first post on my new blog, I have no recipes yet! **Edited to add: they are slowly coming!*** I will be slowly adding them as I go along. Some are my own, some are out of cookbooks, and some I have found online. I do have some recipes and Menu plans on my main blog, Come Stitch With Me, but I decided my cooking needed it's own blog. I don't really think my Cross Stitching friends are too interested in seeing my menus, and vice versa! I will try to add photos as I go, but warning, I am not the world's best food photographer! Other photography I can do pretty well though. I just need practice!
I downloaded some menu lists online, one for the month, then I printed out several weekly lists and put them all in a small 3-ring binder. The monthly menu is in front with a quick glimpse of meals to come. The next page is the first weeks menus (which was this past week) followed by a loose leaf page with any recipes I will need for that week. The following page is the next week, followed by a page of recipes and so on and so forth. I found all the lists at Organized Home. This link takes you right to the Menu planning section with all sort of tips to help make menu planning less stressful. There are links to downloadable documents on the bottom of the page. I think the whole website is pretty neat, and I even took advantage of downloading to-do lists, diet trackers and even a blood pressure tracker.
99.9% of the time, my menu and recipes are going to be Gluten Free. I have Celiac Disease, and therefore can not eat anything containing gluten. Which means no wheat, barley or rye for me. The rest of my family is not affected by gluten, so they get regular bread and some other things now and then, but I only make Gluten Free dinners because I don't want to make 2 dinners!
So, for this week:
Monday: Pot Roast in the CrockPot, Mashed Potatoes (Courtesy of The Pioneer Woman)
Tuesday: Cheesy Penne and Ham, Tossed Salad
Wednesday: Cheeseburgers, Garlic Noodles, Mixed Vegetables
Thursday: Tacos, Corn, Rice
Friday: Vegetable Soup (Progresso Garden Vegetable), Ham Sandwiches (I use Udi's or Rudi's Gluten Free bread), Tossed Salad (Maybe, trip to the City and we may not be home for dinner)
Saturday: Delmonico Steaks on the grill, Baked Potatoes with Sour Cream, Tossed Salad
Sunday: Hot Dogs (simple and easy! I use Udi's Gluten Free Hot Dog Buns), French Fries, Tossed Salad
Labels:
Menu Plan Monday,
Menu Plans
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment