This is going to a fun experiment! I found some imitation crab meat and lobster meat that has no gluten in it! So, this Alfredo will be full of crab and lobster meat, as well as some bay scallops. I really hope this is one the kids will love. If it is successful, I will try to keep track of the ingredients and post the recipe.
Monday - Herbed Pork Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Since I didn't get to make this on the 3rd like I had planned, we are going to try it this week! I will be sure to post the recipe soon. I want to get a photo first. The gravy that I make from this one is amazing! DH said it is the best gravy ever!
Tuesday - Tacos or Nachos
Tuesday is always "Taco Tuesday" here. I think the kids (and DH too!) would really go crazy if we did not have tacos on Tuesday. But, they decided they like Nachos as well. So, it will depend on what the kids want for this night.
Wednesday - Cheeseburgers (on GF Chebe rolls), Potato Salad
I have made these rolls....oh my, I have no idea how many times, let's just say I love them!! I have tried Udi's Hotdog and Hamburger buns, not impressed. So, instead of wrapping my burger in a big piece of lettuce (which is good by the way), I will be making the Chebe rolls for this one. My potato salad is just a throw together thing, I have no recipe for it. DH says I use too much mustard. I tell DH that I love mustard, lol.
Thursday - Fire Grilled Italian Cod, Rice, Broccoli
![]() |
| Fire Grilled Italian Cod. Photo from Schwans.com |
A new thing from Schwans! I love cod, so am very excited to try this. DH and the kids love fish as well, so I have high hopes for this one! This one also meets their "LiveSmart" guidelines. I am working on incorporating fish into our meals more often, and eating less red meat. So far the idea actually got smiles from the family.
Friday -Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
This one is going to be another experiment. I have never made homemade Chicken Noodle soup before. I am still debating on which kind of noodles to use. I really wish I could find GF egg noddles!!
Saturday - Breakfast for Dinner
My 7 year old son, Hunter, requested this one. He was so excited when I made pancakes for dinner a few weeks ago. He's been asking for them ever since!! I use Pamela's Baking Mix for my pancakes, delicious! So, I am thinking we will be having pancakes and sausage links or bacon, maybe some eggs. Time will tell!
************************************************
Be sure to check out the Gluten Free Menu Swap for more Gluten Free menu ideas!
Also, check out the Menu Plan Monday blog over at Organizing Junkie, not all the menus are gluten free, but there are some. And, if you see something you like, convert it to gluten free!! :)



Looks like a busy week of cooking for you. But, oh so, yummy! The herbed pork roast sounds great. Can't wait to see the recipe.
ReplyDelete