Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Last Week in Review (10/3/11)

So, last week.... Last week did not go as planned at all.  And I can tell you, it easily discombobulated me!  I never got out to get groceries, something kept getting in the way (DH's hunting mostly, lol).  So, instead of the planned menu, I did a purge of the freezer and pantry.

Monday and Tuesday went as planned.  We love Chicken Stroganoff here.    I highly recommend you try it, it's delicious.  Wednesday was a simple Tomato Soup and Grilled cheese night. The kids and DH had the soup, I had to pass because of the gluten content.  So, I made something I have not had in a long time, a grilled ham and cheese sandwich!  I was pleased with my dinner, even if I did have to miss out on the tomato soup!  Thursday I made one of DH's favorite comfort foods, Hamburger Gravy over mashed potatoes.  I will have to post that recipe as well, it is very good.  Even my little guy who is very picky loves Hamburger Gravy (though for some reason he keeps calling it chicken!).  Friday was a weird night.  I actually didn't make anything for dinner!  We went grocery shopping instead, lol.  My daughter got off the bus at my Grandmother's house, so she ate dinner there.  I made my son a sandwich and he also polished off the rest of a bag of cheese curd.  DH and I just had some snacks when we returned from shopping.  Saturday we had Cheddar Brauts and Mushroom Rice.  It was just DH and I as the kids spent the night with my mom and dad.  It was an awesome dinner, DH and I both had second helpings of the Mushroom Rice, which is great considering DH doesn't like mushrooms or rice!  Sunday we did have Shepherd's Pie.  I have to make my son his own special dish because I used corn in the Shepherd's Pie and he refuses to eat corn!  (I never thought I would ever meet a kid who didn't like corn!)

So, I am planned out for this week, I have all my groceries for the next couple of weeks.  I am hoping to not get discombobulated this week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...