Monday, October 3, 2011

Last Week In Review (9/26/11)

Last week went pretty much as expected.  We did have a couple of switch arounds, and one night we didn't eat at home.

The Pot Roast was a huge hit, everyone loved it and they couldn't get enough of it.  That always makes me happy to have everyone loving a meal. 

Tuesday we had to go into the city because of DH's appointment that was switched from Friday to Tuesday (talk about last minute scrambling because they called us on Monday night!)  But, after making arrangements for the kids, the day went off without a hitch.  DH and did some shopping after his appointment and we had dinner at the Texas Roadhouse (Yum!). 

Wednesday went great as well.  The cheeseburgers were lovingly prepared and cooked by DH (he is the burger expert, I can never cook them right, haha!).  The garlic noodles were awesome!!!  The kids loved it, which is another plus.  We had no leftovers!  In fact, they told me next time I need to make more of it, lol.

Thursday was supposed to be tacos, but we took Tuesday's dinner and made the Cheesy Penne and Ham.  Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures, (I am just learning now!) and it was so pretty with the bright green of the peas.  It was delicious!  My 6 year old son wasn't too sure of it, but he did pick out all the ham and ate that.

Friday night was just me and my little man while DH spent the weekend at hunting camp and my daughter got off the bus at her friends house.  So little man and I had Vegetable soup and ham sandwiches.  Always a perfect dinner.

Saturday the kids and I ate at my mom's house.  Mom made Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Creamy Broccoli Bake, and Cabbage Salad.  Yumm!!  The Creamy Broccoli Bake was not gluten free, but we are working on a gluten free conversion.

Sunday was simple and easy.  We can never go wrong with hot dogs and french fries.  Only my little man hates hot dogs!  Boggles my mind that a 6 year old doesn't like hot dogs, lol.  So, we also had cottage cheese (he will eat tons of that if I let him) and some boxed macaroni and cheese (which I could not eat).

All in all, the week went great.  No fighting about dinner, no wondering at the last minute what I am going to make, no 8pm dinners, lol.

Hoping for the same this week!!   Chicken Stroganoff is on the stove. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...