Friday, October 28, 2011

Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies

We were going to make Spider cookies for my son's Halloween party today, but he doesn't eat chocolate (his choice!) and didn't want to bring them.  So instead we made his favorite, Peanut Butter No-Bake cookies!!  I always made the normal chocolate ones, but he won't eat chocolate, so I took the regular recipe I had and made it into a peanut butter version!  They are yummy!!

Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
(makes approx. 3 dozen, depending on the size you make them)

1 stick of butter
2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of milk
3/4 -1 cup peanut butter
3 cups quick oats (make sure they are gluten free, I honestly don't see how they would have gluten, but some people say to make sure they are gluten free!)

In a saucepan, combine the butter, sugar and milk.  Stirring constantly, bring to a boil and boil for about 2 minutes (make sure you boil it!! I forgot to do that for the first batch last night, and although they are still yummy, they won't set.  They are pretty smushy!)

Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the peanut butter until it's completely melted.  Add the oats and stir it until it's completely combined.

Spoon the cookies onto waxed paper and let them set out for at least 10 minutes before you dig in and start eating them, lol.

We make these a lot.  They never last long in this house!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...