Monday, October 24, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - 10/24/11



Last week went perfectly!!!  Everything on the menu was made and eaten with great enthusiasm except for Saturday.  Saturday the kids went to their grandparent's to spend the night, and DH went out hunting.  Soooo, I had ice cream for dinner, hehehe.

The theme for the Gluten Free Menu Swap is Spooky Delights.  I really don't have anything spooky to meet the theme, but I am planning to experiment this week.  I am going to try to convert a recipe I got in my email the other day for Spider Cookies.  Peanut Butter Cookies with a Mini Reese's peanut butter cup, Reese's Pieces eyes and licorice legs.  I hope I can find gluten free licorice, if not I will have to think of something else.  If they are successful, I will send them in for my 6 year old's Halloween party at school, since it's his turn for snack day. :)  Once I get it figured out, I will post the recipe for it.

This week is pretty simple, not too involved.

Monday - Pork Chops, Mashed potatoes & Gravy, Broccoli and tossed salad

Tuesday - Tacos, corn

Wednesday - We were supposed to be going to the city so I didn't plan on anything.  Now we will be home, so I need to think of something.  Time to raid the cupboards!

Thursday - Baked Potato Soup,  BLTs

Friday - Pizza (I used Bob's Red Mill crust mix), Tossed Salad

Saturday - Hot Dogs, French Fries, Potato Salad (longing for summer BBQs!)

Sunday - Chicken Stroganoff, Tossed Salad

Another case of the "I can't remember where to find it" on the Baked Potato Soup.  I thought I got it out of the Taste of Home book I have, but it's not in there, I double checked.  I will post the recipe, and if anyone recognizes it, let me know! :)

***Edited - I found the recipe.  It is Stephanie O'Dea's, (from A Year of Slow Cooking), recipe.  I linked it to her recipe. :)***

My month long menu is finished, so sometime this week I will be preparing next months menus.  And I WILL remember to note sources!! :)

1 comment:

  1. The spider cookies sound like fun. Can't wait to see how they turn out. Not sure if you're going to find any GF licorice. Maybe you could try cutting strips of fruit flats or roll-ups.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...